Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Art and Social Justice




Am busy these days traveling back and forth to Kathmandu and to the field. And am thoroughly enjoying being busy.

So, for now, a photo from a village I visited a couple of days ago. And, a link to a blog post I wrote for PYE Global on working with girls in Nepal. Their work is amazing - check it out.

http://pyeglobal.org/blog/2011/02/15/working-across-culture-in-nepal/

There is little in the world I love quite as much as the intersection of creativity, diversity, social justice, transformative learning and supporting girls in exploring their passions and voice.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

A beautiful picture, Tiffany!

Unknown said...

That photo is astounding. You should enter it in a contest!
I love the fact that she is wearing the type of shawl that so many of my friends and family (and myself) also wear.

alegria said...

Tiffany- would love to hear more about the work that you are doing with art and young girls in Nepal. I still really want to come and visit you!!

Jessica said...

I read the blog you wrote - its beautiful and inspiring. Just like you. XO ~jess