Monday, March 22, 2010

Sari photo session!











The Nepali family that I am currently staying with (until the apartment I will be living in longer term opens up this weekend) really wanted to dress me in a sari this weekend. I very happily complied. I mean, beautiful fabric and elegance? I love it. Especially after all of the travel clothing that I have been wearing.

The two younger, adorable girls are helpers in the house. Nesa and Salpana. I have enjoyed being around them more than I can explain. I swear their smiles and games often keep me sane.

And my host family is fabulous. I am eating better than I ever have, I think. They spend a lot of time together, laugh a lot, and put up with my requests for boiled water and to sleep in during the mornings (they get up around 5:45 AM - no way!) with a lot of grace and kindness.

5 comments:

Rob said...

Hiya Tiffany!

It's Rob. We met back in winter of 2006. I just wanted to let you know I stumbled onto your blog and I really enjoy it. I look forward to following along on your journey!

Tiffany said...

Photographer Rob from downtown town?

Rob said...

Indeed... although I'm not sure you knew I was into photography. I bought my first DSLR shortly after the last time we hung out.

I was living in a funky loft condo next to the Safeway. Huge windows. Curtains around my bed. Not a single white wall in the place. Sadly, the building had a leaky eco-roof that flooded badly in 2007. Eventually, I had to move. Oh, what an amazing space that was.

Speaking of amazing... you look wonderful!

Cheers!

Tiffany said...

Rob -

Oh good, it is you! A DSLR - fun. I remember seeing a website of yours with at least a few very good photos. :-) Yes, that was a fabulous apartment - for sure. Really nice to hear from you after all this time.

Tiffany

Molly Strong said...

More beautiful photographs. I soak them in... Thank you, Tiffany. :-)