Thursday, March 18, 2010

Trip to the village! And me in a Kurta






Just a couple of pictures to share from a trip to the village to observe 2 of my cowokers doing a disability rights awareness training for 30 local villagers.

Top photo: Me in local Nepali wear!
Photo #2: This is a close up of the bridge that I am standing on
Photo #3: Local village disablity advocate (front) and my coworker/trainer, Nawaraj Ji, back
Photo #4: Participants in the training

Yesterday I took a minivan trip from Hetauda to a local VDC (Village Development Committee) area. About 30 minutes away. Then walked about 20 minutes to where my coworkers were holding their training - over a river and a very simply built bridge that is far under water during the rainy/monsoon season.

This village area is known locally for the vegetables that they grow. Lots of the cauliflower that I eat every day comes from here.

2 comments:

brian said...

I totally dig the photo of you in the kurta--that's great!

Sev and Eve said...

You look so beautiful in the sari Tiffany! It's wonderful to see what you're doing these days. Thanks for all the posts!